Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Christmas Trees Past

 This one is frosted with a light spraying of snow.
 A closeup of the most important ornament.
 Fine, gold tinsel from Germany coats this tree.
 Vintage ornament dating back to 1945 adorn it.
 Puffs of snow adorn this wintery tree.
 Frosty gardland tops the minature village below.
 Lots of red apples with names of all our family members highlight this tree. The one below has a woodland theme with pheasant feathers.
My trees have varied greatly in their decorations over the years. One of my favorites (which I do not have a picture of) was when my children were little. It was decorated with homeade cookies, candy canes, gold, foiled chocolates and popcorn garland. By the time Christmas arrived it was stripped bare up as far as my girls could reach.  Sure it looked funny on Christmas Day but it brings the most beautiful memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment